photo 7242d338-72f5-4eec-9baa-661952cdd306.png
H E L L O ! My name is Naomi Shiek (pronounced CHIC).
I've been very fortunate to have my own small independent atelier called Woodland Papercuts. This is my private blog exploring my favorite things in beauty & design.

L E T S__B E__F R I E N D S !
 photo button-instagram_zps318d609b.png  photo button-facebook.png  photo button-flickr.png  photo button-pinterest.png

Thursday 29 August 2013

Birthday post


It's my birthday today! And my sister's. And my dad's. It's usually a non-event, but this year is my father's 60th birthday so his siblings are throwing him a bash and I'll be away this weekend. Feels stressful to take a break from work.

For myself for the past 3 years I've been marking the day with a professional photo shoot my friend Tali so sweetly gifts me. I never have my picture taken and so it's a good way to mark the passing year and spend the day. This year I live so far away that it's going to take some arranging at a later date. So instead I bought myself a paper flower making course on Skillshare!

I've been a fan of Brittany of The House that Lars Built for some time now, admiring her paper flowers. I have a dream of having paper flowers in the kitchen, in the bedroom, in the studio, in the bathroom, trailing from the ceilings and up on the wall... And it looks like Brittany's course that promises to help me turn out at least one flower bouquet will make that come true! And ok, so I didn't know I'll be spending my weekend away when I signed on, and I don't have the time yet to start, or the materials needed. But I do plan on doing it! Next month. Sometime. That's the beauty of the course, I can take it at my own pace:)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Website content property of Naomi Shiek.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig