photo 7242d338-72f5-4eec-9baa-661952cdd306.png
H E L L O ! My name is Naomi Shiek (pronounced CHIC).
I've been very fortunate to have my own small independent atelier called Woodland Papercuts. This is my private blog exploring my favorite things in beauty & design.

L E T S__B E__F R I E N D S !
 photo button-instagram_zps318d609b.png  photo button-facebook.png  photo button-flickr.png  photo button-pinterest.png

Monday 9 March 2015

Untangling Time


When 2014's Wedding Season came to a close, I was excited. I welcomed a short break, a few days to sleep in, and time to organize my studio, work on new designs, and work on branding. That didn't happen. Somehow a few late mornings turned into lazy afternoons, which turned into I'll-deal-with-it-tomorrow days, and before you know it, it's been two months, and nearly nothing was accomplished.

Now that orders have picked up again, I have energy and creativity for the custom commissions, and again no time for my own projects. Damn, I'm bad at time management.

So I sat down with my assistant and decided she's going to be in charge of my work schedule. She's my task master. Now all new orders go through her first to clear time to work on them, and she tells me daily what my tasks are, and checks with me every few hours to make sure I haven't veered off.

Sounds extreme, but it works well so far! ... Well-ish. I am still cheating and working nights instead of days (I'm just so much more productive then!) but we're getting there. So it's an evolving system. At least I can always argue with her and make her do what I want, cause I'm the boss;)

__________________________________
Image Credit | Portrait of me, by Tali Yalonetzky, October 2011


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Website content property of Naomi Shiek.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig