photo 7242d338-72f5-4eec-9baa-661952cdd306.png
H E L L O ! My name is Naomi Shiek (pronounced CHIC).
I've been very fortunate to have my own small independent atelier called Woodland Papercuts. This is my private blog exploring my favorite things in beauty & design.

L E T S__B E__F R I E N D S !
 photo button-instagram_zps318d609b.png  photo button-facebook.png  photo button-flickr.png  photo button-pinterest.png

Sunday 1 April 2012

Home furnishings I crave


I'm in the midst of an apartment hunt. And a hunt it is, cutthroat and all. I've endevoured to make this process less stressful than 2 years ago by starting my search 3 months in advance. At least, I thought it would help. To help with the disappointment, I have already made a list of what I'm going to buy for the apartment. Top of the list: paper storage, free-standing lamps, and that gorgeous chair I've being seeing everywhere.

What's surprising about all this is that I actually found the floor lamp and the chair already! Which shocked me as this is Israel and I did not think it'd be as easy as walking into a design shop. True, the chair comes with a horrible varnish on it and for a design boutique they were awfully uncourteous and unhelpful when I asked about alternatives (and I still don't know its name or the designer who makes it! The shop keeper implied it was specifically made for them, which I know is untrue). I hope the hardest part about my purchasing furniture for the first time in my life (that mattress and bed base two years ago don't count) will be schlepping them on public transport.


__________________________________________________

Image Credit | chair | floor lamp | flat file cabinet
(excerpt from my work blog, Woodland Papercuts)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Website content property of Naomi Shiek.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig